Saturday, 18 February 2012

February, six fifteen a.m.

And a tug-o-war is truced
For now
Day wrests night.

Sensing a light-bulb on a timer,
Night see-saws, tipping to other continents,
Content to darken other doors,
And let time showcase the sparrow live
From celebrating, serenading hedgerows.

As Donald passes, dog in tow,
Bubbling in the soil below,
Earth concocts a flower show.

Grass, half-inching, gathers morning,
Poker tendrills
Disarm dawn dew.

When shoulders rise
To scan the skies,
Their day is made.

The present given 
Wrapped in sunrise:
A fresh upgrade.










7 comments:

  1. Hi there. Really enjoying your writing, and made a link to your site with a poem I copied to my guest poetry page. I hope that is ok?
    Take a look and if you want me t remove it for any reason I shall.
    Keep up the great posts.
    http://warriorpoemfatory.blogspot.com/

    Big hugs.
    Peaceful Warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you. Thanks for that-very kind of you to take the time to do that. Thanks for your encouraging words too. Will pop over to your page soon.
    David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave dawn an entirely new identity. Really well done!

    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2012/06/08/lighten-your-own-load/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I appreciate your comments. This kind of sprung out of nowhere one morning when I should have been getting ready for work. I'll visit your page soon. Look forward to reading your work,
      David

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Have a great day :)