White lights blink messages of cheer through slivers of curtains all the way up our street. Darkness lives on outside, but his life is shortening day by day.
Christmas is shortening too. The strange world we inhabit for a few weeks every year will soon be over.
Before I sign off these "Daze of Christmas," I'd like to offer some of my highlights from this year (in no particular order) as a way of remembering the past few weeks:
1) A family nativity making day earlier in December. We spent a few hours with our extended family and this was the result:
2) A Christmas day cycle in the rain!
3) The big issue seller moment.
4) "Attempting" a 1000 piece Christmas jigsaw.
5) A trip to see the film "Frozen" on Christmas Eve. (Olaf the snowman is a hero and legend!)
6) A trip to church on Christmas Day; everyone batting balloons around the hall as part of the service.
7) Seeing lots of family over the holidays.
8) Making a lego helicopter (with my son).
9) Listening to some great Christmas music.
10) Reading my daughter's book "The Guinness Book of Records 2014".
So, with Christmas almost over, what were your best bits?
Finally, thanks for joining me on the Daze of Christmas trip. I hope to catch up with many of you in cyberspace or in real life in the new year.
May God bless you and yours in 2014.