Thursday 12 January 2012

An A-Z of the Morning Male...

(Adventurous and alive
Bold, bouncing, boisterous, baby boy,
Crawled and climbed away from
Daring days and
Early-learning toys...)

Fully
Grown
His
Indolence, he
Joined his jet-lagged, juggling,
Kindred,

Lethargic and lively, loving, lion-hearted, listless, losing:
Man is his
Name.

Once was
Passionate and playful; now
Quaking, quietly beneath his quilt; at the
Ring of his rapier alarm,
Shattering silence into shards.

Teetering, trembling,
Unearthed, to undertake these 
Very
Weary, wistful, weekday wakenings.

X marks the spot, where his head lay,
Yawning, yearning for the end of the day.... 




5 comments:

  1. From childhood to manhood is what I take from this poem. I loved how you worked the A to Z!

    Glad to see you in the Pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is so good I didnt notice the alphabet first letters till towards the end. Such a good contrast between the wholeness of us as we start out and how we get slowly stuffed inside boxes as we do what we need to do to live. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed at the form of rythmn of this poem because it's also chocked full of meaning as well. Love it! I could see my son growing up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much alliterative fun! A lifetime lived in a few stanzas. Clever.

    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2012/06/18/over-decades/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. For some reason, the bracket of youth and adulthood has me giggling softly. I really enjoyed the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Have a great day :)

Lessons from Trees

Last night's frantic branches now nestle, long shorn of hair, dignified in recovery. Resolute, versatile, vertical, forming your be...